Saturday 27 August 2011

You know the thing that hurts the most?

It's not actually the thighs or the calfs or the knees.  It's actually the left shoulder...which freezes up and aches horrible.  I also get a tingling sensation in my left arm and hand.  Should I worry?

I remain amazed at how few people there are here. The last two campsites have had only noe other tent or RV in them.  I've still only met two other touring cyclists in over 800km of riding!   I admit to being a little lonely in the evenings.

I've ridden past Mount Rainer this morning. A beats of a former volcano with a rounded snowy top and glaciers draggin down it's sides.

I'm currently in Packwood, heading for Randall this evening.

The sun is hot.

I've eaten an awful lot of danish pastries and bananas!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. When you start talking to bananas you really know your lonely! Keep going mike, lots of people listening they just can't talk back. Loving your blog by the way, better than big brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mike,

    Just posted a comment but it's dissapeared into the ether so will try again.

    Thanks for the pix - absolutely stunning!

    Sorry you're lonely - shall I ring Biddy & get her to fly out pronto? No, maybe you'll just have to grin & BEAR it!

    Am enjoying the blog. Hope shoulder gets better.
    Don't slip on a banana skin.

    ReplyDelete