Tuesday 23 August 2011

My legs are changing shape and colour....

I noticed it, as you do, when sitting on the toilet this morning. The bit of my leg that used to be all thin and chicken-leg-like just under the calf is now bulging with, well, either danish pastry and muffin (goodness knows I've eaten a lot of them recently) or else, maybe, muscle.

The legs below the cycling shorts are a sort of grimy grey brown.  This is a combination of suntan - despite the factor 30 I've been religiously applying, and grim from State Route 97 that I've been following, along with lots of huge trucks, for the past few days.


Having my old little body further than it should have gone yesterday in order to reach a library with internet access I was then only alloted 30 minutes.  It cruelly logged me off before sending my email to Biddy.  How's that for a downer at the end of the day.

I was actually craving some human company yesterday (honestly) and there was a little God-send in the RV-camping park in Chelan yesterday.  Tom and Janet from Vancouver (that's the Vancouver in Washington State not Canada) asked me over for a beer and chat.  What a lovely hour or so we spent.  I was so thankful to be able to speak with someone and get a glimpse of life in America from 'the natives'.

Another hot, hot day here in Washington State.  Too hot actually for me. how ever am I going to cope in California.  I got up early to beat the worst of the sunshine and I've pressed onto Cashmere with only one doubling back on myself as I encountered a road where the tarmac petered out to pot-holed gravel.  There's little worse that having to backtrack.

Time for a rest day tomorrow I think to rest those tired (and strangely shaped) legs.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having some sunshine. Jane & I got SOAKED today.

    The trucks sound more dangerous than bears. Are the snakes a problem?

    How do we view your US pix? Not being techies you understand.

    Will we recognise you when you get back to UK?
    Your legs, pex, colo(u)rs sound fantastic. More to the point, will Biddy recognise you?

    Good luck fot the next leg of your journey.

    ReplyDelete