Saturday 11 June 2011

Should I get my kit off?

That's the question that exercised me as I cycled into Exeter after a splendid sojourn via Moretonhampstead, Widecombe and HayTor this morning.   It's tempting ,I know, to relish the thought of feeling the wind whistle where it doesn't normally.  'What prompted this sudden rush of blood' I hear you ask.  Well, cruising along the Quay I came across several police cyclists accompanying a bunch of cyclists who....it took several glances to confirm....weren't wearing anything (that's the cyclists, not the police....)

I don't mean they weren't wearing the right sort of lycra - which, you will appreciate, is very important - they actually weren't wearing anything apart from a bike.  Yep, I stumbled into the world naked bike ride  ride this morning.  Good on you guys.   Good cause.  You're braver than I.  I couldn't rise to the 'as bear as you dare' challenge you posed me and our children were, strangely, strongly against their mum and dad joining in.

Perhaps next year?  Do you want to join me?

p.s. do you think it would be possible to spot a policeman if he went 'undercover' as it were with those World Naked Bike ride people?  I reckon I could still spot the infiltrator going undercover without any cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment