Saturday 4 June 2011

California - dreaming of summer sunshine - don't bet on it

When planning this trip-thing down the length of America I imagined endless days of cycling under crisp blue skies worrying about whether I have enough suncream to survive.

Well, I've been tracking the weather in Washington, Oregon and California over the last month and I've come to the conclusion that the UK is both drier and warmer than any of the places I'll be travelling through. Even California!   Take today for example: Sand Diego is cooler than Exeter and is cloudy.  Modesto in California is wet and cooler.

Hmmm.  Makes you think.  Perhaps I should just cycle around Devon instead of heading off to the US.  What d'ya reckon?  A change of plans?  It would certainly solve my problem of how to transport my bike back from the the US.  This conundrum is still not solved. I was quoted $1900 for the privilege this week.  This is getting silly. 

1 comment:

  1. When are you actually planning on leaving? How much did the bike cost? Just buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete