Saturday 9 July 2011

Ready?

Ok....kit bought...lots of it.  Bike maintained.  New wheels bought.  Training going well: 65kms clocked today on a fully loaded bike and feeling strong.

The thing I've not yet 'trained' for though is being able to cope with my own company for two months.  Am I mentally strong enough for this yet?.....Yeah, reckon so ....though I'll need to think my way into this a little so that I strengthen this muscle too.  What sort of exercises can I do to get myself ready for this I wonder?

There's just the hint of nervousness appearing in my tummy.  I'm appreciating so much more the creature comforts of sofas, internet access, baths and warm beds (and family!) as I begin to realise that I'll be without these from mid August to mid December.  By, hey, life's more than comfy sofas isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You'll be fine! But do you have a kindle or something to read on the long evenings?

    ReplyDelete