Sunday 6 March 2011

I've been rumbled.....

Yes, Biddy's now confirmed what she's suspected all along.  This bike tour thing is merely a sophisticated wheeze to buy more bike stuff.

'What's wrong with that?' I hear you say.  Well, um, absolutely nothing really.  There's always really sound, solid and justifiable reasons why a man needs to buy sports equipment and bike gadgets.   And that's just what I am doing, because it's NECESSARY to do so. Honest.

Latest acquisition...a Garmin 705 bike computer that'll make sure I make the rights turns travelling through the towns (even if they are only one-street towns....) of the US. It'll also tell me how high I've climbed and how far I've traveled.  An essential tool, I am sure you will agree.

Ok...next project. How am I going to charge the batteries if they last only 15 hours and I am two days from the nearest source of power.  Do I need to be surfing ebay again for a solar charger?

No comments:

Post a Comment